On March 5, 1948, a charter for a new bank in Gibsland, Louisiana, was filed in Bienville Parish, and in April of 1948, Gibsland Bank was officially opened. The Bank began operations with $30,000 in capital and since then has grown to serve a large portion of North Central Louisiana, with over $230 million in assets.
The Bank has grown from two full-time staff members at the 1,000 square foot building in downtown Gibsland in 1948 to approximately 80 full-time staff members working at our 8 locations:
- The Main Bank in downtown Gibsland
- A large branch bank in Arcadia
- The Athens Branch, opened in 1997
- Our in-store branch bank inside the Minden Super Wal-Mart, opened in 1999
- The large branch bank located at Homer Road in Minden, opened in 2001
- The Sibley location, opened in 2003
- The Bossier branch, opened in 2009
- The Homer location, opened in 2009
In 1999, a subsidiary of the bank, GBT Financial Services, was established to better serve our customers' investment and insurance needs. Eight years later, GBT Financial Services divided into two groups, GBT Investment Professionals and GBT Insurance Agency.
We look forward to continuing to grow and add products and services that will meet our customers' needs and exceed their expectations. Let us show you how we're going to do it—call or stop in to one of our branch locations today!