Thank you for your interest in employment with Gibsland Bank & Trust Company. We have the following job vacancies at this time:
Mortgage Loan Processor
Deadline to Apply: August 5, 2016
The person in this position will work with our Mortgage Loan Officers (both bank and secondary market) to ensure all information on mortgage loan applications is accurate and complete, submit completed application packages to investors, and assist with closing mortgage loans. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verify, compile and type application information for mortgage loans.
- Review residential loan application file to verity that application data is complete and meets establishment governmental regulations and industry standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities and length of employment.
- Determine that loans meet or do not meet standards for approval. If loan does not meet prescribed standards assist in denying loan applications.
- Call or write credit bureau and employer to verify accuracy of information
- Call specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey and appraisal. Inform Mortgage Loan Officer of discrepancies in title or survey.
- Submit mortgage loan application file for underwriting approval.
- Type and mail approval and denial letters to applicants.
- Submit approved mortgage loan file to mortgage loan closer for settlement.
- Record data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled or denied.
- Represent GBT in the local community
- Consistent and reliable presence at work is required. Schedule will vary and may include early mornings, late afternoons and Saturdays.
The person in this position should have the following qualifications and experience
- Four years prior mortgage loan processing experience, or equivalent education and experience
- Closing, funding and shipping experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.) and Point
- Prior licensing with NMLS or the ability to become licensed with NMLS
GBT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE). GBT provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
GBT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer to include women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to check back as we update this page regularly with our latest openings. We also list openings on the Louisiana Workforce Commission web page, www.laworks.net.
Applicants and employees notice of EEO rights are available in our office and on line. You can view the notice by copying this link into you browser:
To apply, download the employment application and submit your completed application package at any of our branches, or you can submit it directly to Human Resources by mailing it to:
Gibsland Bank & Trust
Attention: Tonya Striplin
Post Office Box 180
Gibsland, Louisiana 71028
If you have any questions about this application package, or about any vacancies we may have, or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation, feel free to contact me by either calling 318-843-6228 or emailing Tonya Striplin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to ensure your application is complete, please follow these instructions:
- Please fill out all parts of the application completely in blue ink. We encourage you to submit a resume along with the application. It is important that all of the information requested on the application be completed.
- The last page of this application package is a form used to collect demographic information about our job applicants. It is completely voluntary and any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential. The form is not part of your official application for employment and will be stored separately in a confidential file. Choosing not to complete this form will in no way affect your application for employment with us.
- Your application will not be considered valid if you do not specify the job vacancy for which you wish to be considered. If you are interested in more than one vacancy, you must submit a separate application for each.